In collecting personal information Keen Bros. (WA) Pty Ltd will comply with the requirements set out in the Privacy Act 1958. The Privacy Act is Australian law that regulates the handling of personal information about individuals, this includes the collection, use, storage, and disclosure of personal information. In addition, Keen Bros. (WA) Pty Ltd operates in a manner consistent with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) that apply to the handling of personal information.
PRIVACY PRINCIPLES EMBEDED INTO KEEN BROS. (WA) PTY LTD OPERATIONAS INCLUDE:
- Open transparent management of personal information
- Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Collection of solicited personal information
- Dealing with unsolicited personal information
- Notification of the collection of personal information
- Use disclosure of personal information
- Direct marketing
- Cross-border disclosure of personal information
- Adoption, use or disclosure of government related identifiers
- Quality of personal information Adoption, use or disclosure of government related identifiers
- Security of personal information
- Access to personal information
- Correction of personal information
More information on the Australian Privacy Principles is available from the Australian Government Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Keen Bros. (WA) Pty Ltd will only collect the information necessary for our operational function. The learner will be informed as to the purpose for which the information is collected. Keen Bros. (WA) Pty Ltd do not use or disclose information to third parties without the student’s express written consent or unless prescribed exception applies, such as, statutory, or regulatory compliance. Keen Bros. (WA) Pty Ltd will take all reasonable measures to ensure that personal information collected is protected from misuse.
Access to individual student training records will be limited to those required by Standards for Registered Training Organisation (RTOs) 2015 such as:
- Trainers and assessors to access and update the records of the learners whom they are working with
- Management staff as required to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the business
- Officers of TAC or their representatives for activities required under the standards